Soybean can be consumed in various forms and various soybeans recipes can be made out of them.
Different Forms of Soybean
Some popular soy products are:
- Bean Curd- It is also known as tofu
- Edamame- they are green soybeans
- Miso Soup- a traditional Japanese soup
- Natto- a traditional Japanese food prepared from fermented soybeans.
- Soybeans- tender, green soybeans
- Soy Cheese- cheese substitute made from soybeans
- Soy Crisps- soy chips made from soy flour.
- Soy Flour- flour made from roasted soybeans
- Soy Milk- made from mature soybeans
- Soy Nuts- crunchy snack food.
- Soy Yogurt- made from soy milk
- Tempeh- made by fermenting soybeans
Tips To Use Soybeans:
- Soybeans are considered safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding. But ensure that the quantity consumed is within normal range. Excessive consumption of soybeans protein during pregnancy can harm the baby.
- Soy is also safe for children, when taken in normal amount.
- Soy milk can cause nutrient deficiencies when taken regularly.
- Children allergic to cow’s milk must not be given soybean.
- Soy products increase the chances of kidney stones, as it contains oxalates.
- Avoid consuming soybeans if you have bladder cancer or an underactive thyroid.
- Asthma patients are easily allergic to soybeans.